Essentials of HR Management
The Center for Adult Learning is offering, in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management, “Essentials of HR Management,” which provides the knowledge to perform daily human resource tasks. Students will:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase knowledge of employee orientation, on boarding, professional development, and training.
Sessions are held on the following dates and times:
|SHRM Essentials of HR Management||Start Dates||Time||Location|
|Monday Evenings||February 18th||5:30pm||Lincoln College-Normal|
Who Should Take This Course?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides a solid foundation in human resource management that improves HR job performance across multiple job titles and functions. Those who can benefit include:
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base.
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company.
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation.
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills.
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services.
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices.
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to have HR as a skill for future positions.
Newly updated with the latest HR developments, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management program combines print materials with online study tools to provide a blended learning experience.
Each SHRM Essentials of HR Management course participant will receive two printed books.
The Participant’s Reference Book includes the printed content of the course. It addresses six key human resource management practices, compiled into one comprehensive course book for easy reference.
- Human Resource Management: Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Employment Law: Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
- Recruitment and Selection: Develop important skills for selecting employees.
- Compensation and Benefits: Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Employee Development: Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management: Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
The Participant’s Activities Book contains copies of the instructor slides with room for notes and application activities.
Web-Based Study Tools and Resources
The Web-based tools are designed to support the print materials, provide added opportunities to review and master HR concepts, and gain confidence. The tools are available to all SHRM Essentials of HR Management program participants.
The registration fee covers all course materials, including print and online study tools, as well as a 4 week course with 4 class meetings conducted by a qualified instructor who has a PHR and/or SPHR designation.
|Current SHRM Members; Lincoln College
Alumni and Current Students
|Non SHRM Members|
2013 Sessions, Dates and Time
Information will be added as soon as it becomes available.
Register Online Today! Take the opportunity to enhance or advance your career in Human Resources certification. Admission to the College is not required to enroll in a noncredit (professional or personal development) course.
Contact Joni Allison at (309) 268-4355 or firstname.lastname@example.org