If you’re a working adult who is looking to earn a bachelor’s degree in an accelerated format, our Accelerated Bridge to Education (ABE) program might be right for you. Join a unique educational experience and earn your Bachelor’s degree while working full-time!
Students must apply and be accepted prior to enrollment in the ABE program. To qualify for admission, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Have at least three years, full-time employment following high school
- Have a transfer GPA of at least 2.00
Students who do not meet all of the minimum academic admission requirements listed above will need to be considered by the Admissions Committee, and in some cases a personal statement, interview, and/or other documentation may be required before an admissions decision can be made.
How to Apply
- Complete the free ABE Application for Admission
- Submit a current resume
- Submit a personal statement (see requirements below)
- Provide an official copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit proof of high school or GED completion (may be met by an official high school or college transcript)
- If you have not earned an associate’s degree, you must submit your official high school transcript or official GED score report in order to be eligible for financial aid
Personal Statement Requirements
Complete a 1-page, typed personal statement which answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the ABE program?
- How do your professional and academic goals relate to the ABE program?
- How have you prepared yourself to balance your family, work, academic, and other commitments?
- What qualities do you possess that would help you be a successful student?
Ready to Apply?
If you are ready to apply you can do so using our online application, along with the above-mentioned required materials. Our mailing address for official transcripts is:Lincoln College
ABE – Office of Admissions
715 W. Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761