Speaker Series Archive
October 18, 2013: LinkedIn for Networking and Employer Research
Audience: Faculty, Staff, and Career-Seeking Students
Date & Time: Friday, October 18. 6:00 pm social hour, 7:00 pm hands-on workshop.
Executive Summary: Learn to use LinkedIn for networking and employer research, and find out how companies and recruiters fill their hiring needs.
Full Description: This introductory LinkedIn workshop was requested by popular demand! LinkedIn is a powerful professional social network helping individuals to connect, share ideas, and grow in their careers and opportunities. Join the folks from Lincoln College-Normal for this social hour + workshop. Come and connect in real-life and then go online to learn how to use LinkedIn. We’ll discuss how LinkedIn can benefit schools, students, faculty, and alumni.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- weigh the pros and cons of using LinkedIn (touching on security, safety, and control),
- create a strong LinkedIn profile,
- connect with like-minded individuals (both present and online),
- find groups and ideas relevant to you in your work, and
- see how Lincoln College-Normal is leading the way using features specific to higher education.